Translate this site into your own language

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Working Hard in Hanoi

I have been incredibly busy lately so haven't had time to post anything on here. When Simone left I took over half of her IELTS and TOEFL classes and that is proving a tough challenge. I have been preparing the lessons from 2pm to start at 5.45 until 7.15 for IELTS and 7.30 to 9 for TOEFL, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, so it is a long day. With lots of essays to mark too (which is unpaid, as is the preparation time). On Monday Wednesday and Friday I still do my General English classes, both Elementary from 5.30 to 7 and Pre-Int 7 to 8.30. I use New English File for both classes, which is great and means I don't have to spend hours preparing. Everything is there for you, with loads of extra stuff in the teacher's book and it covers all the skills well in a very integrated and enjoyable way. It is better than any other book I have seen.

At the weekend we went to Ninh Binh for a day by motorbike, which was great fun. Thuy was our guide and as she comes from there and speaks French and English, she was a very good guide as always. The journey home was a bit hair-raising, averaging around 70 or 80 kph per hour at dusk on a busy main road was scary at times, but generally fun. The pics will be up ASAP...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, preparation and marking may be a "freebe" but look at the place wouldnt you rahter be there than back home?

Lots of love to you xxx

ManinVietnam said...

Most days I would, yes. The odd day I wish I was anywhere but here! For example, when I'm working at 9pm on a Saturday night.

But then I see the floods and that it drops to 10 or 12C at night back home and think of all those speed cameras, etc and enjoy the Max 32, min 25C, the great lifestyle I have here, that I get all mornings off work and things get put back into perspective.

Love and Peace

Hibbitweet link